Friday, December 3, 2010

What I learned this Christmas

This Christmas I learned something new. It didn't come in a shiny package, no bows to untie, and there was no pretty wrapping. This Christmas time I learned something that has changed my life. That is very simply I have what I need and want what I already have.

For the first time in my life I have lost a few things that were important to me, things I never want to lose again. And I stand before you grateful. Because I learned I have everything in the world that is important to me. I learned who my friends are. I learned I have an amazing family. My children make every day full of sunshine, they make me have hope for our world and our future. I have parents (ones I was born with and those I was able to marry into) that never stop being parents. I can go to them even at my age and get a mother's loving arms and a daddy's hug. I have a husband that would do anything to love and protect me. I am blessed.

This Christmas isn't going to be how many presents I can fit under the tree. It won't be about how many I can give or get. This Christmas will be the time I know I am blessed. It is not losing my temper with the man who brings 40 items in the express lane when I only have 2. It's smiling at a stranger. It's not passing judgement on others or on myself. It's learning to love and be loved. It's time to let others know how special they are. It is time to appreciate what we have while we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment